Small and medium-sized businesses are in a tough spot. The reason for this is the increasing competition in various different markets. At this point, small and mid-sized businesses need to continue growing in order to successfully stay in business. But, the main problem is that they are operating on a very limited budget, that should be well invested.
Luckily, by relying on different types of software tools, businesses are in a position to achieve their growth goals without losing any money. For example, relying on a knowledge base is a perfect example of how SME owners can improve their marketing efforts. Let’s take a look at the benefits that come with using a knowledge base.
Knowledge base features that matter
No matter what the size of the business is, creating a centralized knowledge base is a great way to secure growth. This is why a cloud knowledge base is a perfect solution that will not cause a significant impact on a company’s budget. Also, the abundance of advantages that the company receives are really priceless. The following are some practical knowledge base benefits that will make your staff much more productive, effective, and efficient.
- Collaboration – If you are looking your team to work as one, deploying a knowledge base is a perfect option. These platforms are built to allow multiple people to work together on collecting vital company information. This enables more work to be done in a shorter time frame, making the information tracking and storing process much easier. Also, all the changes are instantaneous and accessible to all of the employees who have access to the knowledge base.Additionally, this feature is particularly useful when you are outsourcing your business tasks to another company or a freelancer.
- Scalability – Over time, not only is your business going to grow, but the amount of valuable data as well. The more time goes by, you will want to increase the capabilities of your knowledge base, and this is easily achievable with a single click of a button. This process used to be tiresome with older enterprise intranets, as the IT staff had to perform this task in combination with the financial investments required for the new hardware.All of the maintenance responsibilities are left to the service provider, reducing the number of things you have to worry about.
- User friendliness – Businesses are scared of implementing new tools due to the fact that some of them might be too complicated to operate. Luckily, knowledge base tools are built for easy use, and in a matter of days, your employees will know all there is to it. The ease of use will enable them to start working in a short period of time, without you having to invest money and lose time on staff training. This is quite important, as all of your employees are going to become skilled with this new tool, and that will make all business tasks much easier to complete.
- Multiple platform support – The best knowledge base software tools are compatible with multiple platforms. No matter if you are using Mac, Linux or Windows, your employees will be in a position to get the work done. Also, as over 50% of people now use mobile devices to get things done, accessing and making changes to the knowledge base is also possible from Android and iOS platforms. This is a very important feature, as your employees can make use of the commute time, thus positively affecting the company’s productivity.
- Accessibility – As the knowledge base software is cloud based, the system is accessible at all times. You and your employees will only need a stable internet connection to work from any place on the globe.
All these features make knowledge base software tools a reliable and practical choice for getting more things done easily. One of the processes that SMEs struggle with is marketing, therefore, let’s take a look at how it can help your business achieve better marketing efforts.
How can this help your marketing efforts
Getting in the digital marketing is necessary to achieve business growth. It is simply a place where all consumers’ eyes are looking. However, as the competition has grown stronger, this way of advertising has become quite expensive. But, by making the right moves, a company can run efficient marketing campaigns with a positive ROI outcome.
Making the campaign efficient requires a lot of strategic planning, a process in which a knowledge base is quite useful.
You and your team can collect and store all of the data from email marketing campaigns, PPC campaigns, and social media marketing campaigns in a single database. Also, each time you decide to run an ephemeral marketing campaign, you can collect the data about the effects of this approach in the knowledge base. Collecting all this data is essential for picking the right marketing approach in the future. For example, after collecting marketing information for about a month or two, it will clearly show you the marketing channels that pay off the most, making it easier for your business to concentrate on a single platform.
Digital marketing is great because it provides feedback in the form of precise performance data, but without organizing the data, companies will lose efficiency and money. But, with a knowledge base, all this can be easily avoided. This is crucial for stable growth, especially if you are running your marketing campaign on a strict budget.
Knowledge base software tools are perfect for all businesses. Not only is the software going to help you build more effective marketing strategies, but it is also going to allow you to streamline many other business processes, thus perfecting the company workflow.
If you are thinking about integrating a knowledge base, think no more, as adding this tool to your arsenal with help you steadily grow your business by making the smartest decisions.
Author Bio-Robin is a Technical Support Executive. He is an expert in knowledge management and various Knowledge base tools. Currently, he is a resident knowledge management expert at ProProfs. In his free time, Robin enjoys reading and traveling.